This booklet of ring projects is aimed at intermediate and advanced levels. It is a progression from the first rings book and book 3. It introduces new skills useful for all abilities.
- Rivet ring introduces riveting in to the skill base. It requires accurate drilling and finite handling of components.
- Stacker rings this project practices making stone settings. Ability is needed in making accurate sized bezels.
- Nouveau ring this project shows how to tin metal for making multi-solder joins at once. Confidence with and judging temperatures when soldering is tested.
- Saxon shield ring is a project using applied chased decoration to create a design on sheet metal mounted on an integrated shaped band to create an interesting design. Neat soldering and careful manipulation of wire are required.
- Balancing stone set ring explores how to join a simple stone setting to a simple band to create a different design. Skill at setting up for soldering is required.
- Coiled stone set ring looks at how to make a deep band out of wire, skilled soldering is required for the coiled part, ability to make bezel settings is also needed.The instructions are set out assuming that you are attending classes, so from time to time the instructions will include asking for a demonstration.